Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Into the great, wide open.

I've gotten a crazy hair to camp this weekend. Well, not so crazy. I've been planning it for about a month now! <--for me to be focused on anything non-male that long is truly astounding.

I'm going to head to Glacier for a few days and hike my rear off. I'm really looking forward to the chance to shoot a few photos in such a pristine location. And this will be the first time I've ever been camping solo--which I'm anxious but excited about. I must confess to making sure that I had an extra hatchet to keep in the tent with me--and I wasn't thinking about the bears at that point. For the sake of my Grandmother, I'll point out that I'm going to be camping in spots that make seeing bears in camp about as likely as a grizzly popping out of the shoe section in Saks Fifth Avenue. The later part of the week I should have myself ensconced in a more 'she-she' camping spot which may have wi-fi. If not, I bid you all a great Labor Day weekend and say unto you, "Get married already!"

3 comments:

- Tristin - said...

God's speed to ya- you BRAVE SOUL!!! Just a hint for ya...You CAN'T roast marshmallows off the glow of your laptop...It's just NOT the same-TRUST ME!:D

molly said...

Stephanie Harbour, is this you? If it is, Yeah!!! I've found an intelligent blog to read. I love and miss your wit!

- Tristin - said...

I think I'm offended by Molly's comment?!?! :D HA! HA!