Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bitter Ampersand Worries

I've been wondering if I was going to announce this blog to my friends--if it would even continue. It's been some time since I blogged but I'm ready to talk again.

One of my concerns when considering this blog was the perception of bitterness on my part--I'd like to say right now, I'm not bitter. I hope my married friends are as happy as I am. I just want a venue where I can talk about thing like ampersands. Things that single girls notice.

Tonight I was cruising around some of the blogs of my friends here in Montana (or from Montana) and nearly all of them are married. As I looked over their blogs each of their blog rolls had dual name listings "Barry and Marry", "Bobby and Sue," "Wedded Bliss and Green Envy." You know. Stuff like that. And I must say, I've kind of grown to dislike the ampersand. Maybe it's because it's one of those thing reminders Singletons hear when Marrieds don't even know they're transmitting. Maybe it's just me.

But tonight it's raining and there's a round of saddness running in my friends and it feels like a perfect night to unburden on someone obligated (by their own choice) to listen to my stories, offer solutions for my friends and then hold me tight. I long for that again but it's not my time. Truly, I'm ok with that in the broad scope. Tonight is feeling narrow.

4 comments:

Gwen Lafleur said...

Yay! You're back! I always love reading your blogs and you know I'm with you on the ampersand thing :D

Bunny said...

I agree.

You had me at "Blogging, again!"

Rae said...

I am so glad you are back to the blogging world! I have missed you!

Unknown said...

You've been missed even if us ampersands forget to reach out once in a while.