Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mr. Listy

Things I love about being single include:

No one moves my stuff. When I come home at night to cook s'mores over my gas burner, I don't have to turn on the lights!

I'm a habitual streaker from shower to closet and I can do that without frightening anyone.

If my laundry remains neatly in the duffel bag on the couch for a couple of days, no one minds.

I'm learning not to be afraid of the dark or my own mind.

Prayers can be as long or as short as I'd like, sometimes prayed in various places in the house without any censure for how God and I have discussions.



Things I hate about being single:


Coming home without someone who is obligated to listen and care about my day.

Cuddling with my extra pillows just isn't the same.

Somehow things really are easier in teams.

I actually miss having a 'head of the household' and I find it difficult to replicate.

Sometimes I wish I could quit reminding myself not to pray for someone to join my life. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to cease halting the natural "Send someone, please"?

2 comments:

Rae said...

So a bunch of my girlfriends and I tried to come up with a list of good things about being single.....my two favorites:

1) no one to fight over the remote control.

2) I don't have to shave my legs every day cuz no one is gonna be touching them. Hence I ca take a shorter shower. ;)

molly said...

Even though I'm married and you might not feel I have the right to commiserate, but I will. When Dave was on the Hot-Shot crew or when he's gone for long stretches for fires, I totally love being the boss, not answering to anyone else and knowing that any mess that exists is MINE!