Sunday, September 21, 2008

Damn Relationships

Tonight I was so close to sleep, so amazingly close. Drifting off, near 2:45, to the wonderful sound of near silence which was then shattered by a woman screaming. I mean really, really screaming. And running while screaming. I was so scared for her I called 911. The officers were on other calls and the screaming had somewhat died down by the time I managed to dial so the operator instructed me to listen for anything further and call back if we needed an officer. I opened my window and listened a bit more.

She was screaming to call out her boyfriend or exboyfriend or some other damn relationship. SCREAMING at the top of her lungs.

When relating the tale to Erin after all hope of rest was lost I added that I wished I had a gun so that I could have made her screams worthwhile. Erin said wisely, " i have often believed that air guns are useful for exactly this purpose."

Amen, sister, amen.

2 comments:

erinannie said...

I feel your pain. I finally got to sleep around 5 am. I think I could have slept a good 10 hours if given the chance. But at 8 am a car alarm went off for 30 full minutes, right outside my window. I'm starting to think I may never sleep again.

[alisar] said...

I like Erin. Very much.