Monday, February 2, 2009

Sing a happy song! January is O.V.E.R!

I'm sorry for the absence. I was busy you see. I was channeling my inner-Tina-Fey and telling January to "Suck it!" Turns out yesterday, it finally gave in!

The trial didn't go the way of Alycia's family. And, in case he has Google Alerts on his name, Dr. Brent Lee of Fair Oaks Anesthesia Associates was found 'not guilty' in the wrongful death of my friend. Dr. Lee, you know what? I will always think that you were the axle in the wheel of incompetence that killed my friend. I would wish bad things on you, I would. And often do, actually. But I won't put them in writing. I just want you to know that it's obvious to any thinking person that you were just trying to avoid getting your ass sued for any rash action. The nurses there that night told me so. Your body language told me so. There's fault all around, yes. We both know it. A guy who says his passion is 'war surgery' should be far more daring. You screwed up. You were afraid. And because of that, you killed my friend. I hope you always remember. And, if nothing else, I hope it changed you in some small way.

And that's all I have to say about that.

February is going to be spent finishing up my semester and adjusting to a few changes. But my taxes are done! And my semester soon will be! So, overall, not a bad start to the year. And by 'start' I mean February 1. Because January really should be abolished.

1 comment:

- Tristin - said...

Here's to February!!! Lotsaloves to you!