Wednesday, December 3, 2008

On meandering though the weeds.

I know my blog posts have been few and far between lately. I promise it's just me loving you. You don't need to hear my Emo-Teen-Starving-Artist-Angsty-Whoa-Is-Me-Blah-Blah posts. Truly. The other day I was writing about them and my diary actually yawned.

Yes, it's that bad.

Tonight I spent some time setting up my lights for Christmas and decorating for my second Christmas in my own place. Last year didn't count because I was living with Laurie and Tom, who had a huge home filled with Laurie's lifelong Christmas acquisitions and I didn't even bother to contribute anything other than a pie.

As my lights were going up and I was getting the corner ready for the tree I'll go cut down tomorrow, I was touched by the sweet memories of all my friends. I laughed thinking about blog posts for my birthday--I loved that! I chuckled at the funny ideas we've had, for instance the huge house in Savannah that Amber & I will eventually buy where we will sit on our front porch and shoot puppies and men at our leisure from our rocking chairs. I cried at our losses this year.* It has not been a good year for us, as a whole. Then was the moment to think about all the love we've shared in the wake of our losses. And for that, my friends, I'm truly thankful.

Now, here's to the holidays, singletons, loving each other and (Please, Dear God) a better 2009.



*Which, amazingly, is also the point where I took my PROZAC and decided to chill the hell out.

2 comments:

tara said...

whoa. shoot puppies. can we talk about this?

Boo said...

I don't want to shoot puppies! Just men who act like dogs. I believe that is what I said.
I do, however, echo Steph's plea that 2009 will be a better year than 2008. That is something, in addition to my wonderful friends, I would be grateful for.