Saturday, December 19, 2009

Giving thanks in my virtual chruch.

One of the most difficult things about working overnight shifts is that no matter how valiant I am in my efforts to remain awake or wake up for church on the Sabbath, it's nearly impossible for me. I would never make it as a medical resident.

It's so hard to write here about every change that has transpired in the last few weeks. I think we're going to go with a list:

*I'm engaged to the greatest guy I've had the pleasure of dating.

*We're getting married on February 13th, 2010.

*I'm moving to Utah.

*We bought a house.

*I'm quitting this job and going to hope for the best in the Utah market.

I can't quite express the fantastic dichotomy between the peace I feel about my decisions and the overwhelming anxiety that comes from such significant changes in such great quantity.

I can't believe my luck, to be honest. It's just astounding that so much that I have consistently desired has, without any warning, fallen into order. Astounding.

While it may not be a conventional expression of my appreciation, this song is the only one I can find that comes close to fitting my mood. Especially the baffled king.

3 comments:

Boo said...

This post is a perfect example of how tired you must be. Check out your wedding date. 2010 is your year Baby! I love you and hope you get some rest! Thanks for the update.

Joy said...

Congratulations again! And may your next couple of weeks turn out much better than the King (David) in Cohen's Hallelujah!

Stephanie said...

I suppose I should clarify that when I hear the song I hear the musically superior version of 'The Dance' by Garth Brooks. :) I hear the story of love, amazement and thankfulness where nothing matters but the draw and delight of the moment. Hedonistic? Probably. But that the only way I'm getting through change--thinking that the perfect moments are the only ones that matter.

If that makes any sense at all. lol