Thursday, April 16, 2009

Not just yet.

I am scheduled to fly back to Utah on Saturday and, from there, drive home to Montana. I just don't think I'll make it. Usually when I'm away from home (read: my dog) this long I'm dying to get back and get things back to my routine. I've become such a homebody and it's almost difficult for me to be away from my house too long. That, my friends, is unnatural. On my trip to DC in January I was so ready to be 'done' by the time I flew out that I nearly cried in relief. When I heard from Mom that she needed someone with her for this surgery I didn't jump at the chance because I thought it would be similar.

It's not. There's not an overwhelming reason for me to stay in this area. I have a huge exam in a month that must be more focused on. I have school work that needs to be done. I have bulbs I need to plant and a yard that needs some serious attention. Instead, I'm going to stay here another week.

The sun is out. The sky is blue. At home they had snow in the last 48 hours.

Call me crazy but I'll opt for art in spring instead of gardening in winter.

1 comment:

Boo said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying yourself. I hope the sun continues to shine while you are there.